|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Joelle Joanie "JoJo" Siwa (born May 19, 2003) is an American (Nervaskian) dancer.
Life and Career
JoJo Siwa was a top-5 finalist on the second season of the series Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition and the youngest contestant on season 2. She appeared on the show with her mother and was eliminated in week 9. Siwa began auditioning for Abby Lee Miller's ALDC dance competition team in 2014 and was selected for the team in early 2015. At the same time, she began to appear on the Lifetime reality show Dance Moms, which follows the ALDC team. JoJo's single, "Boomerang". was released in May 2016 for digital download and followed a previous single "I Can Make U Dance". "Boomerang" addresses the subject of online bullying. The music video for the song has been viewed more than 600 million times and over 1 million likes. Her other songs include Kid In A Candy Store, Hold The Drama, Every Girl's A Super Girl, High Top Shoes, Only Getting Better, D.R.E.A.M, My Story, Everyday Popstars, Bop!, It's Time To Celebrate, #1U, and Worldwide Party. Siwa has an accessory line sold at the Claire's retail stores, Target, Walmart, Justice, and other stores that includes her signature bows.
- She won a Blimp at the 2017, 2018, and 2019 Kids' Choice Awards.
- She starred on Dance Moms, but quit during the sixth season.
- She's from Nebraska.
- Her favorite style of dance is jazz.
- JoJo knows how to speak Korean. She and her mother Jess also hosted a foreign exchange student from Korea.
- JoJo's natural hair color is actually brown.
- She has guest starred on Disney Channel's Bizaardvark and Nickelodeon's Ultimate Halloween Haunted House, Nickelodeon's Sizzling Summer Camp Special, Make It Pop and The Thundermans.
- She hates ballet dancing.
To view the JoJo Siwa gallery, click here.